RNDC is proud to partner with the American Heart Association, an organization paving the way against heart disease and stroke, to bring awareness to heart disease and ways to prevent it. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for men and women in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by heart disease.
The good news is that you can fight against heart disease by getting up and getting active! Boosting your activity level is beneficial to your heart.
Simply start moving with these easy steps:
1. Start Slowly: Rome wasn’t built in one day! Start slowly and gradually build up your time and effort.
2. Walking: This is one of the easiest ways to start being active!! You can take a walk with your pet, with a friend, or even by yourself. Every step you take is a step towards healthier living.
3. Park and Go: When you’re out shopping or running errands, choose to park a little further and walk.
4. Work Out at Work: If time permits, take a walking break. You can do easy stretches at your desk and stand if possible.
5. Limit Screen Time: When it’s time to quit working, consider going for a walk instead of heading to the couch and turning on the TV!